|Flying Time:||25 minutes|
|Flight Range:||1km-2km depending on the transmitter|
|Controller:||DEVO 7, DEVO 10 or DEVO F7|
|Front Camera:||HD1080P @30FPS video (with iLook+)|
|Additional Features:||Return to Home|
Let me start by saying that when I bought the Walkera QR X350 Pro, I was a newbie at flying quadcopters. And guess what, the X350 didn’t disappoint. After comparing a number of quadcopters that had similar specifications, I had to choose the Walkera simply because of its great features.
- It was easy to assemble.
- Had a flight time of 10-15 minutes.
- Camera mount equipped with anti-vibration 2 axis stabilization.
- First Person View (FPV) flight option.
- WiFi option for smart phones.
- GPS auto-pilot and “One Key” return home capability.
- Comes with GoPro camera mounting feature.
- Walkera Devo 7 2.4Ghz Transmitter/Receiver compatible.
At a decent price (around $400 USD), I was able to experience all that and had a lot of fun. After a few faulty starts, I was able to achieve
some height and was able to manoeuvre it with utmost ease. The altitude sensor is extremely responsive and the GPS receiver aids to keep it
stabilized. In case during certain conditions the Walkera QR X350 Pro goes out of your point of sight, or the devo controller becomes faulty due to low power while the drone is still afloat, the One key to home feature, ensures it safe return back to where it had started
After getting my hands steady I mounted my personal GoPro camera into the quadcopter mount, and the experience was simply phenomenal. Believe me when I say this, the two-axis gimbals showed such precision that you can take smooth aerial video and pictures with extreme prejudice, and create aerial footages like a pro filmmaker. Once in manual mode, you can even speed it up to 45 miles per hour. But you need to make sure that you don’t try such a stunt in a crowded space. And God forbid, if even after abiding by every precaution you damage a propeller; don’t worry, it does come with a few set of extra propellers. But in case you end up in a nasty crash,
and need replacement parts, then the drone’s warranty can help you out, but only within 7 days of purchase.
Now, without further ado, let me jot down some of the pros and cons of the Walkera QR X350 Pro.
- Handling the QR X350 is suitable for anyone, be it a beginner or an expert in flying drones.
- The two-axis gimbals are spectacular and helps in capturing stunning footages from a GoPro camera, with almost zero vibration.
- It has longer battery life and hence greater flight time than other drones from the same category.
- For beginners like me, the return to home feature is immensely helpful, as it bring backs the quadcopter to the area, from where it had
taken off, using it’s onboard GPS.
- Using the FPV camera and Wi-Fi option, you can fly the drone effortlessly and feel as if you yourself are flying in real life. An amazing experience in itself.
- Using a Devo 10 controller, you can control the drone and using the LCD monitor check the altitude, battery charge and other important
parameters of the drone. But if you opt for a Devo 7 controller, you would have the privilege to enjoy real time image transmission, which is perfect for aerial photography.
- As compared to the DJI Phantom, the Walkera QR X350 Pro drifts at high altitude.
- The 2-axis gimbals does a great job in stabilizing the image, but in certain conditions a 3rd axis might provide more benefits.
- The instructions provided in the manual are hard to grasp and decipher.
- Due to international guidelines and federal restrictions, the quadcopter cannot be shipped or procured in European countries.
So to sum it up in a few words, engineers at Walkera technologies achieved an amazing feat by designing the Walkera QR X350 Pro.
At a standard price, they were able to lock horns with the market leader DJI Phantom. The features of stabilized video capturing and one-key return home has made heads turn. They were successfully able to create a drone for beginners, which would be easy to control and have fun with, while incorporating more advance functionalities like FPV and fast manoeuvring for serious hobbyists and professional users.